Head of Lender Origination
London (or Hastings)
Invest & Fund is a specialist provider of finance to residential property developers. The business has grown swiftly, in a controlled fashion, but the business is ready to move to a much larger scale in its lending operations. As a fully FCA authorised and regulated business operating in financial services the operational, governance, risk and control issues are complex and interwoven.
The Lender Relationship Manager needs to be dedicated and motivated with the ability to help recruit and maintain clients to fund the ambitious growth envisaged in property development and bridging loans. Lenders will comprise Institutions, Family Offices and High Net Worth. Reporting directly to the Head of Lender Origination the role holder will work closely with other members of the Executive team, and with NEDs when as required.
• Work closely with the Head of Lender Origination in the sourcing and management of institutional lenders (single family offices, wealth managers, banks, credit funds, asset managers, investment entities, etc.)
• Manage, maintain and develop the central lender database and provide accurate and relevant management information
• Own the sourcing and management of, and communication with, High Net Worth individuals
• Communicate with relevant lenders to place new loans, in line with agreed procedures
• Assess and monitor the capacity and appetite of lenders
• Work with the Head of Marketing develop strategies for the recruitment of new HNW lenders
• Communicate with HNW clients (prospects/registered/active lenders) – pre-signup, during onboarding (in partnership with LRO/MLRO), post-signup (during active lending)
• Support the sourcing of new institutional lenders
• Respond to due diligence enquiries including the setting up (and closing) digital data rooms
• Communicate with family office lenders – pre-signup, during onboarding, post-signup and active lending
• Early stage communication with all institutional lenders and assistance as respective lending structures are defined, in partnership with executive team/board
• Understand the overall I&F lender universe in terms of lending appetite – placing loans as relevant with whole/part loan lenders, speaking with HoBO/internal credit regularly to communicate lender feedback/appetite
• Manage, maintain and develop the central database (Google suite – all admin/owner functions) for:
communications logs for all HNW/institutional lenders
lender onboarding progress, in partnership with Lender Relationship Officer
broker/developer communications logs for use by BDMs
• Input to the design of lender account web pages, communicating lender feedback on website with tech team/executive team and following up with lenders as appropriate
• Ensure that all related policies and procedures related to lending are reviewed regularly and are accurate, in partnership with LRO/MLRO/OD
• Develop email marketing system (Mailchimp), overseeing of manual email marketing schedule in partnership with LRO.
• Contact relevant lenders to place new loans, in line with agreed procedure and order.
• Co-ordinate the drafting of pitch pages describing new lending opportunities to registered lenders, in line with agreed procedure and order. In partnership with LRO.
• Attend and report at OpCo and other relevant meetings as requested.
• Assist lenders with website/account navigation, transactional and account queries, answering all lender enquiries via meeting/phone/email.
• Place bids/resale postings on lenders’ behalf, when requested.
• Prepare, monitor and act upon management information.
• High in energy and dynamic
• Pro-active and responsive
• Well organised
• Sales, influencing and presentation skills
• Able to deliver against targets
• Account management and development skills
• Confident and effective communicator
• Strong analytical, numerical and forecasting skills
• Commercial acumen
• Integrity and dependability
• Working to stretching deadlines and objectives
• Able to negotiate commercially compelling outcomes for the business
• Track record of working closely with High Net Worth individuals
• Working for/ or with financial institutions
• Dealing with key decision makers
• Working in a regulated financial services business
• Ideally knowledge of Anti Money Laundering
• Good understanding of the property sector and related lending
• Understanding of Peer to Peer Lending and Alternative Finance
• Strong user of Excel, PowerPoint and MSWord